Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

'Offline' despite full access to the internet (again)

Solved!

'Offline' despite full access to the internet (again)

Dear community,

Almost two weeks ago I have posted a thread with a similar issue before and despite bumping it up to the top, no reactions were given to my thread. Hopefully this time someone will take the time to help me resolve this issue. I pay for this service and would therefore like to receive a functioning service for that in return. 

Plan

Premium

Country

Netherlands

Device

OnePlus 6

Operating System

Android 8.1.0
OxygenOS 5.1.11

My Question or Issue
Last weekend suddenly I was unable to stream music with mobile data. It mentioned that Spotify had no internet connection. 

My mobile network has worked perfectly fine as other apps were able to exploit it. I was not within range of a WiFi network so I was unable to test whether that would work with streaming. Spotify is not in Offline-mode, I've pitched all of my device's as well as Spotify's settings to grant the application maximum connectivity. I tried to reboot the device, clear the cache, both did not work. Spotify also was not active on my laptop, so that is also not the issue. I tried to log out, but afterwards I was unable to log back into Spotify. There was no clear error message, it only mentioned 'There is a problem. Try again later.' below the bar where you put in your password. 

Eventually I decided to reinstall the application, which solved the problem, temporary. After the app was back online, I did not try to stream any music anymore. I've only downloaded the music that was on there before. Today I tried to stream and suddenly it mentions, again, that Spotify had no internet connection. Again, other apps have no connectivity issues at all, and the settings are pitched towards maximum connectivity for Spotify. I tried to log out and back in but the latter failed. I've tried: 

1. Try a soft reset (reboot the device).
  2. If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to locate and remove any Spotify folders or cached data from your device before reinstalling again.
  3. If that doesn’t work, update your device’s firmware (if available).
  4. If that doesn’t work, try clearing your device’s cache.
  5. If that doesn’t work, try using a different WiFi connection (please note that streaming dover mobile data might incur additional charges). If this works you probably need to restart your router.
  6. If that doesn’t work, try removing the SD card (if your device has one) and try again. If this works you might need to format your SD card.
  7. If that doesn’t work, ask a friend or family member who also uses Spotify to log in to their account on your device. If everything works for them it’s likely the issue is with your account. If not, then it’s probably an issue with your device.

Though only the reinstall helps, I'm not planning on reinstalling and downloading all my music all over again, each time Spotify fails to do whatever it is supposed to do. I'll keep you up to date, but I think it is a matter of time until Spotify goes into this 'ghostly' offline-mode.

On my Windows 7 PC, however, I haven't experienced any issues at all. During the time I was unable to stream music on my Android device, I was able to do so on my PC. Not once did I have any issues regarding logging in or streaming music.

Now I am wondering, does anyone of you both know how to fix these issues and is willingly enough to help me resolve this problem?

Regards,

Levi

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @Levi379

This issue has been reported and it's under investigation. Please add your feedback and vote in the official thread. It will help to resolve it faster.

Have a nice day.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hi @Levi379

This issue has been reported and it's under investigation. Please add your feedback and vote in the official thread. It will help to resolve it faster.

Have a nice day.

Suggested posts