Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Offline mode - albums will shuffle songs when resuming play

Offline mode - albums will shuffle songs when resuming play

Hi! I just recently got the Spotify Premium plan and have been kind of frustrated with the #1 reason why I got it - offline play. I'm an albums person and almost exclusively listen to full albums, offline (so I don't use cell plan data).

Well, I've been running into an issue from the beginning that is pretty much exactly the same as this: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Closed-Ideas/Android-Your-Library-Offline-mode-album-automatically-...

That person submitted their issues in the wrong place but it doesn't look like they posted it here, so that's why I'm bringing it up.

Basically, the issue is this: I start an offline album and listen while driving. I make it to my location, stop playback. When I get back in the car, it will resume playing that song - but after the song finishes, it plays the next song at random. This causes me to open the app, go to the album and select the correct song EVERY TIME, which is something I try not to do while driving.

When I pull the app up to resume playback, if I click on the song bar at the bottom for it to go full screen, the Shuffle button is NOT selected. 

I have tried restarting my phone, clearing the cache and clearing data from Spotify. Again, this has been an issue since the moment I installed it.

I'm on the Spotify Premium Family plan, running on a Samsung Note 9, with Android 10 operating system in the US.

7 Replies

Hey @Ryanesta,

Welcome to the Community!

If you see the green Play button with the two crossed arrows when you open the album, clicking it will start playback in shuffle mode. If you want to start playing the tracks sequentially, just tap the song you want to start with.

If that doesn't do the trick it's possible that some of the app files have gotten corrupted. A clean reinstall usually solves this, you can find instructions on how to do this here

Let us know how you get on. If the issue continues it would be great if you can upload a video screen recording when the issue happens, either as an attachment or a link.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Thank you for your response. Yes, I just did a clean reinstall, downloaded an offline album and ran into the same problem.

I did a screen recording of the issue happening in real time. Here is the link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xPDl220qZvCDVfUpbPia7ROmlybAPAfY/view?usp=sharing

Hi @Ryanesta,

Thank you for your reply and for sharing such a detailed video. 

We ran some tests and were able to replicate the same issue, so we went ahead and passed it onto the right team, who will look into it backstage. In the meanwhile, please let us know the app version you're running.

At the moment we're not able to provide you with a timeframe for a fix, but we can recommend keeping the app updated.

Let us know if we can help you with anything else.

MafeGModerator

Sure, I'm currently on Android version 8.7.4.1056

Hey @Ryanesta,

Thanks for the reply.

We've sent this info over to the folks working on this 🙂

We'll let you know here as soon as we know more.

Cheers.

AlexModerator

Hi @Ryanesta!

Our developers have made some changes backstage, so this should now be fixed! Could you confirm that everything looks good on your end?

We'd recommend reinstalling the app to ensure that you're running the latest version of Spotify.

Let us know how it goes. Take care!

YordanModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

Excellent! I just tested it out and it seems like it works so far. Thank you!

Suggested posts