Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Offline mode broken on Android 4.4.2/Galaxy S4

Offline mode broken on Android 4.4.2/Galaxy S4

After I upgraded to Android 4.4.2 on my Galaxy S4, my offline mode stopped working (starts downloading, stops after 30 or so songs are removed, then removes all files) in my spotify phone client.  Offline mode works perfectly on my laptop).   I even uninstalled and reinstalled the spotify client on my phone, but no luck.

I got a reply from support that this is a known problem but have had crickets since (several replies back to them).  Anyone know if this is fixed yet or going to be fixed?

This issue is important enough to me that I may cancel my premium support if this continues to be broken, as I often travel to areas with low/no phone reception.

If someone from Spotify support ever reads this, please reply to my emails.

-paul.

5 Replies

Hey there! do you have a case # that we could use to help escalate this for you?

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution!
Twitter | LinkedIn | Instagram
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

Hi. I've escalated and requested an update for you.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Hey!

Sorry for the delay on this, someone will be in contact via email soon. 

___

New to the Community? Check out the Community newbie tips

Did I solve your problem? Click 'Accept As Solution' to help others find the answer!

Need Spotify help on Twitter? Head to @SpotifyCares

Hallo,
I'm also using a phone with Android 4.4.2 and I've got the same problem. As there is no Wi-Fi at my campus, offline playlists are essential for me. I hope the issue will be fixed soon.

Suggested posts