Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Offline mode how to?

Offline mode how to?

I'm currently using Google Music as I was only able to get Spotify in my Country today. With Google Music I can set "stream on wifi only" and "download wifi only", then move a toggle "Downloaded" while I am in my car to only display music that is available offline.(already downloaded to the phone)

I've read through some threads in these forums about offline usage but couldn't get a clear answer and cannot try it myself unless I purchase the premium.

Am I able to do this with the Android Spotify client? I'm sure I can download an album and play it offline but is there an option to only play downloaded music and not use data, or at least only show me music that is already downloaded? We do not have unlimited data plans where I live.

1 Reply

Hey there.

Thanks for your question.

It's possible in Android to download music only using Wifi. Tracks will be downloaded only if Wifi connected. The playlist or many of them can be setup into this mode. No data or little data used when you listen this playlist Offlined in online mode, but you can put app also to Offline mode. In this mode no data used at all.

You can also select what you see in app main page: you can select for example only offline lists, so you won't see playlists you can't play.

Hope this helps!

Suggested posts