Premium

Country

United States

Device

Motorola G6

Operating System

Android 9

My Question or Issue

Spent a good hour selecting music and downloading it to an Android Motorola G6 phone. Set it to offline mode and went on a trip. About 30 minutes into the trip, it stopped playing. Exited the app and when I came back in, it asked me to log in and refused my username and password. Restarting the app did not fix the problem. Rebooting the phone did not solve the problem. Only a reinstall fixed the problem. Reinstall is not an option on an airplane.

What blows my mind is that this feature worked great before the 6 October release. I thought that Spotify, a company of 4400+ employees, was on the leading edge of the Scaled Agile Framework for software development. Yet, here we are with a product that obviously didn't go through regression test. Did the System Team resign?

1 Reply

Hi there @Tetraneutron,

Welcome to the Community!

Sorry to hear that you've had this negative experience with the offline music feature. 

Our developers constantly try to improve the app and that happens through regular updates. Sometimes certain elements of the app may not function as intended or become bugged. Our teams try to take care of those as soon as possible.

Relogging and performing a clean reinstall of the app, which involves deleting the app cache, is always a good choice if you encounter any issues.

Don't hesitate to reach out again if you have more questions.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts