Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Offline mode on Android: Auto download

Offline mode on Android: Auto download

Hey everyone,

I don't usually do this but I thought I give it a shot. I just have to ask if there's a way to keep offline mode on but not have it download every single song you save into your library. I love being able to have high-quality songs on the go but it gets pretty annoying when my spotify just chooses to download a song. This can become a problem because it can fill my SD card quickly. Is there any solution to this? 

I'm currently going to every artist and just manually downloading it but I'm currently wondering if there's something I can simply just do, like a setting or something. 

4 Replies

Can you confirm what you are asking? Offline files should only download if you have selected them to, not all tracks in your library should be downloading unless the 'Make Available Offline' toggle enabled.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Like you said, my "Available Offline" was toggled and I thought by toggling that I would only make my current songs available offline, but when I add a song to my library, it also gets downloaded. So with that happening, I decided to untoggle the "offline" selection, but when I do that, it deletes all of the songs that I had downloaded.  

So, I was just wondering if there was a way to have all of them downloaded by toggling the "Available Offline" selection and to pick and choose what songs I want to be downloaded rather than having every single new song I add to my library automatically downloaded.

(Sorry if I didn't get my point across. I'm REALLY bad at explaining things.)

LOL.

Can You go to 'Library - All Songs' and check that the download toggle isn't on at the top?

You should be able to subject individual tracks,albums etc.. but if this switch is on then it will download everything.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Yeah that's the thing it is toggled off but even so I can't download songs individually. I have to download them in packs. For instance I can download all songs from one band or all the songs in an album. My app won't let me just download one song.

Suggested posts