Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Offline mode / update ? / can't login now

Offline mode / update ? / can't login now

So probably because of an update I'm logged out. Because I'm in offline mode the app says:

You are currently set to offline

Please go online to connect to spotify

Cancel | connect

Connect does nothing. So I'm locked out of spotify and what do I have to do? Reinstall and download thousands of songs again?

11 Replies

This was supposed to have been fixed - please let me know your spotify version so I can feed this back to them. Reinstalling spotify following these steps should get you up and running.

The problem is not fixed at all... My app updated this morning and I can't connect either because I'm offline... 

It isn't fixed and probably wont be, same similar problems 4-5yrs ago. Only solution is a complete reinstall that includes deleting cache and that makes you lose your downloads. So Spotify is pretty much a lost cause when it comes to offline listening.

My app updated today and I have the same issue.

Same problem here.  It started this morning.  I cannot login.  Good job, Spotify!!

Just to get back I did have to reinstall everything all over again and download again thousands of songs...

I have the same issue. This completely defeats the purpose of the offline mode if any update locks me out of the app until I can get online again, reinstall the app, and redownload ALL the songs. I pay for Spotify because of offline access. 

I have tried the so-called workaround of hitting Cancel, deleting and re-entering my password, and hitting Login again. It doesn't work and no one has ever reported here that it works. Then Spotify decided this issue is not important and closed it. Thanks, Spotify, for caring SO MUCH about your paying customers.

It has happened to me 3 times this week.  EXTREMELY frustrating!

Hey some problem here have you found a solution? I am struggling to find it!!!

No solution other than clear all the app data.  Spotify is completely uncaring to the problem.  

Suggested posts