Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Offline playlist Samsung Gear S3

Solved!

Offline playlist Samsung Gear S3

Hi,

Using Samsung Gear S3. I have installed Spotify and it works well. However as far as I can tell offline playlists are not available. Without this the application is pretty useless to me. Is this on the roadmap?

/M

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey folks,

Just wanted to give you a heads-up that it is now possible to listen to offline music on the Samsung Gear S3, provided you have a Spotify Premium subscription 🙂

To learn more about how the Spotify integration for the Samsung Gear S3 works, and to learn more about the other Samsung models which have the integration, click here.

Hope that helps! Stay awesome 🙂

View solution in original post

12 Replies

Samung announced that this feature should be available on the Gear S3 in April.    Can't wait and would make it then an awesome exercise watch.

good news, do you have the url with the announce? thanks!

I'm deciding which watch to buy at the moment.Lack off offline spotify sync is the only thing missing from the S3 for me.If this is confirmed I'll be buying it

I too am in the process of shopping for a new watch and love the look of the gear 3 but without offline spotify I may as well get a cheaper fitness watch and keep using my phone!! Its such a shame they havent included this feature. There are threads written from 2014 asking for this very same feature!!

If you're primarily looking for a fitness device I'd recommend against this
watch. The running apps are pretty poor and inaccurate. The watch itself is
nice and looks good but I'd definitely go for a Garmin, Fitbit or similar
if fitness is your thing.

Thanks for getting back to me. I do a lot of walking and jogging. I
currently have a fitbit and do like the detailed info I can get in the
fitbit app but I find the watches are poorly built. I have my second one
(the first fell apart a couple of days afyer 1 yr) and it is already coming
apart. Im looking for heart rate, steps, calories, GPS, and music (I'd like
to strean from spotify). Theres a few other things I like in my fitbit -
alarm, sleep info and the competitions I can have with fellow fibit users!
I have the fitbit charge hr2 and dont mind the look of it. I do really like
the look of the gear 3 (more of a watch style then a fitneas watch)
although I would like it a little smaller. At least a couple of days
battery life is essential. With all this is mind..........

Is there a watch you'd recommend??

Thanks for your help☺

Hi,

Well. I think you have plenty of options. I suppose all watches built on
the Android Wear platform should do what you are looking for. Apple Watch
as well.

See this article for some examples:

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2017/apr/23/five-best-sports-watches-london-marathon

You could also look at some of the new headphones like Bragi Dash. They can
do a lot of fancy things.

Choices, choices 🙂

I went for the Garmin forerunner 235 in the end. As running and a good battery life is my main requirement I've compromised with off line music.

The GPS accuracy is excellent and it picks up the GPS almost instantly so it's ready to go straight away. I'm easily getting 4 days battery life which is great for a watch with that much functionality

I still like the Samsung Gear but the better fitness features of the 235 edged it for me.

You can do it with Google Play using the app 'Music Mate!'  Then transfer the files across.  I know it's a pain but you'll get 2 months' free on Google Play if you've never used it before.  Gives Spotify a chance to sort it.  If not, I guess you could keep on Google Play.   Took me about 10minutes to make my running playlist in google play then used music mate to transfer it 🙂

Awesome!! Thanks for the advice!!!

October 25th and this is still not available.  Does anybody know if theyt are still trying to deliver this?

Marked as solution

Hey folks,

Just wanted to give you a heads-up that it is now possible to listen to offline music on the Samsung Gear S3, provided you have a Spotify Premium subscription 🙂

To learn more about how the Spotify integration for the Samsung Gear S3 works, and to learn more about the other Samsung models which have the integration, click here.

Hope that helps! Stay awesome 🙂

Suggested posts