Premium

Country

UK

Device

Google Pixel 3A

Operating System

Android 10

My Question or Issue

The other day I was trying to play one of the songs that was a local file. I had listened to this song hundreds of times before, but for some reason it was grayed out now, and couldn't be played. On my computer the song worked fine on Spotify, and trying the original file. I tried removing the song and re-adding it, but nothing seemed to work. This is quite annoying, as it is one of my most listened to songs.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @Tshi2,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Spotify Community!

I recommend reading the solution to this thread regarding troubleshooting playing local files on a mobile device, as there are several suggestions there that may be of help to you.  In addition, another step that might make a difference is restarting your router before adding the local file to your mobile device.

If you’ve tried all these suggestions and none of them help, I recommend trying to sync the local file using a different network, such as by starting a hotspot on your mobile device and connecting your computer to this hotspot via wifi.

Let us know how it goes, as well as if you have any other questions.

Have a good day!

AdamDamSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi @Tshi2,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Spotify Community!

I recommend reading the solution to this thread regarding troubleshooting playing local files on a mobile device, as there are several suggestions there that may be of help to you.  In addition, another step that might make a difference is restarting your router before adding the local file to your mobile device.

If you’ve tried all these suggestions and none of them help, I recommend trying to sync the local file using a different network, such as by starting a hotspot on your mobile device and connecting your computer to this hotspot via wifi.

Let us know how it goes, as well as if you have any other questions.

Have a good day!

AdamDamSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I tried on my mobile hotspot, and it seemed to work. Thank you.

Suggested posts