I'm having the exact same problems too, also when I go into my Spotify app it displays an old song that is paused in the player at the bottom, even though I can still hear the current song. I have to pull up the large player view for the song and playback to update
So yeah. I have all the same problems as listed above. I'll just list the problems I've noticed so far to make it easier for a moderator to make a list out of.
- App shuts down ramdomly
- Keeps playing music after disconnecting headphones (3mm and bluetooth)
- Does not update song names on car bluetooth
- Does not show up on lock screen or notification bar so I have to open the app manually every time I want to change the song
- When I change to next song, the app does it once, but if I try to change it again, it only starts the same song from the beginning. (Fixed by clicking back button and opening the "big view" again
- Widget doesn't update songs (it could use a new design too)
These problems are VERY annoying, using the app feels unbearable. I have loved every minute using Spotify so far, but if these HUGE issues are not fixed, it might lead to me finding other services to use for music.
One more problem I encountered yesterday. Changed songs from my phone while spotify was playing on my tv. Since that my phone is somehow forcefully connected to the tv and if I try to adjust the volume while spotify app is open, it tries to change the volume on the tv, not on my phone. Only getting out of the app allows me to change the volume of the music. And yes I tried changing the option back to "this phone" from the "connect a device" setting which appears under the pause button.