Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Only 150 Playlist songs played before Queue resets

Only 150 Playlist songs played before Queue resets

So I have been experimenting with just playing the playlist sorted to get a least some alphabetical randomness.  I have played nothing else but this playlist just to be consistent.

As you can see below (see comments at the foot of each picture) this "Reset" issue is bigger than just shuffle play. Either Spotify is deliberately resetting the Queue (to what purpose?) or it is just some really bad coding? 

If you have tried creating a Radio Station from your playlist you will also recognize the problem you see here, where the station just seems to recycle the same collection of song after a while.

Why encourage your subscribers to curate and share playlists if Spotify is thwarting your ability to enjoy any playlist over 150 songs...

Queue had played "The City Sleeps" (150th song on the Playlist) and then reset to the beginning of the list. I then clicked on "City Song" but as you can see below the Queue just inserted the song instead of continuing on with the playlist.Queue had played "The City Sleeps" (150th song on the Playlist) and then reset to the beginning of the list. I then clicked on "City Song" but as you can see below the Queue just inserted the song instead of continuing on with the playlist.

The queue has reset to the beginning of the playlist on its own.The queue has reset to the beginning of the playlist on its own.

2 Replies

Hey, thanks for posting. I notice from your screenshots that you seem to be listening via a connected device. There is a known issue with Connect only playing 100 chunk sections of playlists, which you might check out here (feel free to vote and comment as well), as it appears your issue may be related. The Spotify team is aware, although there is no time frame for when this can be fixed. To the best of my knowledge, you should not experience this type of problem when playing music directly on your computer or mobile device, and it should also work to connect to devices using bluetooth as a workaround.

dinomightSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

@dinomight

What's lame is that this issue has been open for 3 years and all Spotify can offer is a "somewhere over the rainbow" platitude that "the right team are aware of this issue between Shuffle and Connect and they're investigating".

It is pretty obvious that Spotify has no interest in solving the problem - because technically its just not a tough problem to solve. 

While the bluetooth option is technically feasible it is expensive if you have to buy a new stereo system to support it. Even then the experience is annoying on a day to day basis if the phone that is streaming leaves the room or the music cuts out everytine a notification or phone call comes in. 

Suggested posts