Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Only get song preview streaming from mobile to Bluetooth

Only get song preview streaming from mobile to Bluetooth

Hello -

I have a Spotify Premium account and have used Spotify on my Android mobile devices (a tablet and a phone) successfully for over a year.  However, in the last couple of months, when streaming from my mobile devices through a Bluetooth connection, Spotify only plays the first 15 seconds of every song, and then skips to the next one in the play list.  This primarily happens on my phone (Motorola Droid Bionic, Android version 4.1.2, Spotify version 0.6.2.64) when connected via Bluetooth to my car using MyFordTouch (Sync VersionGen2 V.3.5.1), but has happened with my tablet (Motorola Xoom, Android 4.0.4) connected to an external Bluetooth speaker.  In both cases, restarting the device (phone/tablet) seems to work, but the next time I try to connect and listen, it will only play the song preview.

I followed the troubleshooting steps of deleting my downloaded playlists, cache, uninstalling Spotify, then deleting the Spotify file left on the Android, reinstalling and syncing again - and it worked.  The first time.  The next time I connected via Bluetooth, it only played the first 15 seconds.  I do not have this problem with a wired connection, and I could connect in my car via USB (there is no auxiliary audio jack with my car), but would really prefer to use Bluetooth.  Any suggestions?

0 Replies

Suggested posts