Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Only old version of spotify available on google play store

Solved!

Only old version of spotify available on google play store

Just got a new Galaxy s9 running oreo, and I haven't been able to get spotify to work after installing.  I looked at my old android phone and realized that the the layout is totally different and there are a bunch of features missing.  Then after looking on the google play store I saw the version that is on there is 1.2.5.3, last updated on Sep 5, 2014. There's got to be something wrong with that.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Manual reinstall of an older version was relatively painless and fixed it.  Also looks like the version on the play store now is up to date.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Yes I too am having the same problem. I had to uninstall the app. Then once I reinstalled it I noticed the logo and the layout were old. I checked on the play store and is a v1 2014 version too and not the latest v8 one. Sort it out please as don't want to have to manually download an apk for Spotify to fix it.

Screenshot_20181017-201803_Google Play Store.jpg

I've got the same problem!! Nightmare on a brand new phone too! Come on Spotify 

I too am having the same problem

Marked as solution

Manual reinstall of an older version was relatively painless and fixed it.  Also looks like the version on the play store now is up to date.

Suggested posts