Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Only "Shuffle Play" button w/ Family Premium

Only "Shuffle Play" button w/ Family Premium

Hi

I have a Family Premium subscription plan and have been using spotify for a long time.

Today when I turned on my App on Android, I can only select "Shuffle Play" for albums.

I can play the album normally if I select the first song and let it roll (shuffle does not activate automatically), but I don't have a "Play" button at the top as I used to or have in the desktop version.

How can I correct this? I am logged in, I have gone through pretty much every setting available and nothing changes this. 

This is happening with all albums (downloaded or not).

7 Replies

Hey @logbomb,

Welcome to the community!

First up, let's try a quick clean reinstallation of the app by following these steps.

If that doesn't help, could you send over some screenshots of this issue?

Let me know how it goes 🙂

NoahSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thanks for the feedback I will try that.

I assume by deleting my App I will delete my downloads. 

When I re-install, will it download everything automatically or do I need to select one by one what I need to download? 

Thanks in advance. 

Hey @logbomb,

After you perform the clean reinstallation, you will need to go through your Spotify app and select which playlists you'd like to re-download.

If you'd like, you can hold off on the clean installation for now, and send over some screenshots of this issue first.

Maybe we could resolve this without the reinstallation 🙂

NoahSpotify Star

Hi

Thanks for the reply. Attached are 2 screenshots.

One of what is shown when I open an album - big "Shuffle Play" button. And another one of what happens when I press play on the first track of said album - no shuffle mode activated by Default.

Do you need any other screenshot or info? thanks

Screenshot_20181129-132134.png
Screenshot_20181129-132150.png

Hey @logbomb,

Thanks for sending over those screenshots!

From the screenshots you provided, the app seems to be functioning normally. You can play songs using the mobile app either of these ways:

• To play in the order listed in the app: Tap an artist, album, or playlist, then tap the first song you want to hear. 

• To shuffle the track listing: Tap an artist, album, or playlist, then tap SHUFFLE PLAY.

The green PLAY button you see below an artist, album, or playlist title on the desktop app is not available on the Spotify mobile app. I'm guessing that Spotify replaced it with the shuffle play button on mobile as it was likely more popular.

Let me know if you have any questions. Happy listening 🙂

NoahSpotify Star

I have the same issue. I would prefer a "Play" button instead a "Shuffle" button. Are there changes coming so one can choose which button to use?

regards,

Arnold

Hey @ArnoldvanOphem,

Welcome to the community!

I'm not aware of any upcoming changes to this. However, I’d suggest starting a new thread for this in the Community Ideas Exchange. This’ll allow users, Stars, and Moderators to vote and comment on it.

Let me know if you have any questions. Happy listening 🙂

NoahSpotify Star

Suggested posts