Announcements

Option to report explicit content missing

Option to report explicit content missing

Casual Listener

Dear Spotify

The option to report explicit content is missing from my up to date Android app. This is an important feature for many users however there appears to be a lack of commitment to it.

Phone : Oneplus 5 
Android Version : 10
Oxygen OS : 10.0.1
App version : 8.5.89.901
Screenshot_20210102-205734.jpg
6 Replies

Re: Option to report explicit content missing

Composer

More about explicit content - https://support.spotify.com/is/article/explicit-content/

About reporting - https://support.spotify.com/us/article/how-do-I-report-a-content-error-on-spotify/

Some of our RockStarts will be here for your help if all of this does not help, do not worry.

Else you can contact us here.

Roadie

The instructions seem to be out of date and don't apply to current Android version or OS X version

Here's a screenshot of the Android menu contents for a relatively explicit song not currently marked explicit

4th_chamber.png

Composer

I would say you then should chat with the team, they will assist better. The chat contact link in mentioned in the previous reply from me. Thanks. Accept this as solution if it helped.

Roadie
>The chat contact link in mentioned in the previous reply from me

Isn't that what this forum is for?

Composer

Yes, you are right but some issues need to be handled through chat, for instance many times what you need is just clearing the cache of your account back end side. For that, either you can wait for some rockstar to reply here or just do it from the chat in minutes.

Thanks.

Casual Listener
I reported the issue via the chat function and they could replicate it from their side too.
It's been flagged up with the developers so hopefully there will be an update soon
SUGGESTED POSTS