Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Order of playlists not syncing between devices . . .

Order of playlists not syncing between devices . . .

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

Fire HD Tablet, Windows laptop, iPhone 11

Operating System

Fire OS 5.3.7.0, Windows 10, iOS 13.4

My Question or Issue

I see many posts about the order of songs within a playlist, but my problem is with the ORDER OF PLAYLISTS themselves. On my laptop, I put my playlists into a specific order (Mix 1, Mix 2, etc), but on my Android tablet and iPhone the playlists are all over the place . . . they do NOT follow the order on my laptop. I've even played songs FROM my laptop on both devices and no dice. It seems to me the playlist order should sync automatically. Any suggestions?

8 Replies

Same

Hey there @Nightflyre9 and @gypsymoonchild0,

Thank you for your posts here in the Community. Apologies for the late reply. We just came across this thread.

Can you perform a clean reinstall of the app? This will make sure there's no old cache files causing this.

If that doesn't do the trick, can you log in with another account on 2 devices that this occurs on - such as a friend's or a family member's to see if the same issue persist?

We'll keep an eye out for your replies.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

thank you @Jeremy, that fixed it!

I just changed the position of a playlist on my laptop and it mirrored it on my iPhone once I swiped Spotify away and re-opened it. There was no need to clear the cache or uninstall and reinstall anything.

But thank you for your response. It’s appreciated.

Hey @Nightflyre9,

Thanks for keeping us posted.

We're glad to know it was sorted out.

If you need a hand with anything else, we'll be right here.

Have a good one 🙂

CarlosEModerator

If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

I actually just canceled my Spotify account this afternoon. I went to YouTube Premium (which includes YouTube Music) a couple of months ago.

I never would have left Spotify, but the removal of song counts on playlists and the lack of song lyrics is too much of a slap in the face. YouTube Music has both, and I consider them both standard and essential components of any music streaming service.

I understand that Spotify is working on other features, but you shouldn’t be working on new features until you've implemented the features your customers are actually asking for.

Hey @Nightflyre9,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community.

If the song order in your playlists is not synching between devices, could make sure that they have Custom sorting order enabled? You can learn how to do this here. If that doesn't don the trick, we recommend you log out everywhere and run a clean reinstall on all your devices, this involves deleting the cache files of the app and will force a account wide resynchronization of your info. You can have a look at this guide for the steps relevant to each device.

We'd like to point out that even though the lyrics feature was officially released in some markets, it's not yet available for all accounts. The reason for this is that we're constantly running tests in order to provide you with the best music experience possible. We hope to make it available for everyone as soon as possible, however we can't set an exact timeframe for that.

As for the number of songs in a playlist on mobile devices, it seems however that other users also requested this to be reintroduced and posted this idea. We recommend that you +VOTE it to show your support. We'll share any updates on the matter there, as soon as there are any, so it's worthwhile that you also subscribe.

Hope this was helpful for you. If you have any questions, you know where to find us.

Mihail Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

As I stated, I’ve already canceled Spotify premium. As for "testing" lyrics, Spotify has been in existence since 2008 and in my country since 2011. You’re just testing out lyrics for the U.S. now? That's absurd.

And, no, I’m not going to waste my time "requesting" song counts as if it’s a new feature were asking for. Song counts on playlists already existed, and you took it away. Remember? Again, absurd and uncalled for.

Look, I appreciate what you’re trying to do, but Spotify has had more than enough time to rectify these issues and to give its customers the simple things we’ve asked for. Sorry, no more chances.

I’m only responding right now because my account is paid until the end of the month and I figured, why not? But I have ZERO plans on coming back to Spotify. Too much talk and no action.

Suggested posts