Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Own music not able to play with Spotify Connect

Own music not able to play with Spotify Connect

Hi,

Today (as any regular day) i was using spotify with the connect feature to stream music to my Gramofon. I have several albums on my computer which i couldn't find on Spotify so i created a playlist and synced the music to my HTC One. After the syncing was done I wanted to listen to it through my surround set with the Gramofon using Connect. But i found out I'm not able to stream music which isn't in the 'spotify' cloud. To verify if it wasn't the Gramofon, which was causing the issue, I opened Spotify on my Nexus7 and on my HTC One. I started to play one of the songs on my HTC One and once playing I've pressed the Connect button and selected my Nexus 7. It stopped playing the music or in some cases it starts a song which is in the spotify cloud. If i select one of my other playlists which i created with songs from the spotify cloud it will play perfectly.

So...
Is there currently a bug in the software which is preventing me to play my own music through Connect even though it's synced to my HTC One?

1 Reply

It's not a bug, unfortunately it is just something that doesn't work with Spotify Connect.

Connect works by telling the streaming device to stream directly from Spotify, rather than from one device to another like Airplay or Bluetooth (so it is much kinder to battery). However, since those devices are essentially streaming directly from Spotify, they do not have the facility to access the files on your devices to play local files.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts