Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

PC does not detect my Android

PC does not detect my Android

I want to be able to sync my local files, but I am constanctly struggling simply to connect my PC to my Droid. 

They are both connected to the same WiFi and I have turned off the firewall and all, but they still don't see each other. 

This is not only a Spotify-related issue, I have tried Wireless transfer apps, but same result: They computer just doesn't detect any other devides in the WiFi network. Not even with Firewall and virus protection turned off. 

So does anyone know how this could possibly be fixed?

5 Replies

• Make sure you don't have another firewall running
  • Disable any other antivirus and security software
  • Enable UpNP on your router
  • Exit spotify on your PC
  • Turn off your android
  • Reboot the router
  • Launch spotify on your PC and let it finish loading fully
  • Turn on your android and start spotify

Let me know how it goes.

Nothing really works. Note that I haven't been able to connect the PC and mobile on any other apps either, so this is not an exclusively Spotify related problem. The basic problem is that my PC does not detect my Android at all, regardless of app. 

Definitely sounds like a firewall issue. Do you have any firewalls running on your system at all (including Windows Firewall)?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

It usually has a firewall, but even if I turn off the firewall, it still doesn't work. 

Turn off all firewalls, antivirus and other security software and make sure that UPnP is enabled in your router settings and see if that helps. Don't forget windows firewall if you are using windows.

Suggested posts