Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

PLEASE ANSWER QUESTION ABOUT DOWNLOADING PLAYLIST

PLEASE ANSWER QUESTION ABOUT DOWNLOADING PLAYLIST

What's supposed to happen when I press 'download playlist' on my android phone?

4 Replies

The tracks on the playlist will be downloaded to your phone so that you can listen to them without any data connection at a later point. It's useful for travelling and I'd recommend only doing it over Wifi.

Yes, in theory. You can use offline content only with Spotify in online mode and with active network connection.
Playlists turn grey as soon as I lose network (Currently working abroad and using a sim that has ridiculously bad coverage) or turn spotify offline.

I'm pretty fed up with this feature.
What other service are you planning to use if Spotify manages to fail this?

It doesn't sound as if you've downloaded the playlist to your phone. Long press on a playlist and then select Download. Then you can listen to that playlist with absolutely no network connection.

Checked. There was only one playlist that wasn't already downloaded. All playlists were on bottom half on the list, without this green tag that shows they are downloaded. When I press download on already downloaded playlist, it takes only a few seconds to 'download' it.

-

Works offline now.  I've got to take back some bitter words.

I'll be working this day at very poor signal conditions so it will be thoroughly tested. 

Restarted the phone. All playlists are grey.

Now, what would be the remedy for the need to 'redownload' already downloaded playlists?

-

Suggested posts