Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Particular albums keeps being added to my Play Queue when starting new music session

Particular albums keeps being added to my Play Queue when starting new music session

Plan

Premium

Country

Netherlands

Device

Note 9, surface book 2, desktop, Sonos

Operating System

Android Pie, Windows 10

My Question or Issue

A particular album keeps being added to my 'Play Queue' it's the same album all the time and it seems to be happening after I didn't listen for a few hours. When I wake up for example. Tried to reach out to Spotify support they gave me suggestions but nothing helps or fixes the bug.

Am I the only one with this problem or bug? I can't imagine I am but never read about it before. Tried many things, new phone, re-install the app, new OS, even happens on my windows PC.

I also use Spotify on my Sonos if that matters. So phone, 2x windows, and Sonos

I found another topic on this forum that looks a bit familiar but my music is not auto playing. I don't think my account is compromised as the only thing that's happening is an album being added to my queue when I start a new listening session. 

It is an album I sometimes listen to so not completely random. I got this for like a year already and its starting to get annoying.

3 Replies

Hey there @fkkm,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community!

If you've already taken a look at this support site article, we'd recommend giving it a try and removing access from any third-party apps you don't recognize here

On another note, so we can take a closer look, it'd be helpful if you could let us know the URI of the album that is added to your Queue. You can find more info on how to locate it here.

Let us know how you get on 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Hey,

Like I said its an album i listen to sometimes. So im sure my account
aint hacked because its not some bot playing some unknown fake artist. The
URI for the album is:
spotify:album:5vRfIDOPJHy3W2wHWbzLlE
It also changed the album that was being queued once. But now its this one.

Thank you

Hey @fkkm,

To add to what @Katerina mentioned, could you remove third party apps here? They may be conflicting with your app. You may need to allow access from the third party apps later on, but that should go smoothly. 

Also, just to be sure, reset your password and log out everywhere.

If that doesn't help, let us know from where you listen when the album gets added to the queue. Do you listen to playlists, albums, do you make your own queue?

Let us know how it goes 🙂

Suggested posts