Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Pause And Play button not working on lock screen

Pause And Play button not working on lock screen

Hi, Spotify has recently updated and ever since the update to version 8.5.9.737 the play and pause button doesn't function on the lock screen, is there any help for this I have tried clean install but still happening, any help would be much appreciated 

Plan

Premium

Country - United Kingdom 

Device

Samsung Galaxy S8 

Operating System

Android Pie 9.0

Kind Regards
hlgollop
5 Replies

Hi, this still happens to me aswell, can we try and get this to app developers as we are not the only ones with this issues

Kind Regards
hlgollop

Hey @hlgollop,

Thanks for reaching out, I'm sorry to see that no one was able to respond to you sooner.

It sounds like the issue you're describing is related to the 'Doze' feature, which was introduced in Android Marshmallow (V6.0+). This feature optimizes apps and tasks running in the background to help with battery life. This can often cause issues when using Spotify (among other apps). A telltale symptom of this is when the Spotify app stops streaming when your device's screen locks. 

You can prevent the Spotify app from being affected by the Doze feature by following the steps below:

1. Open the Settings app on your phone (Pull down the notifications shade, and tap the gear icon, or find Settings in the App Drawer.)
  2. Tap Apps & notifications.
  3. Scroll down and tap Advanced to expand that section.
  4. Scroll down and tap Special app access.
  5. Tap Battery optimization.
  6. Tap the dropdown menu at the top of the screen and select All apps.
  7. Scroll down to Spotify — tap it and select Don't Optimize.

Now Spotify will not be controlled by the Android system's power-saving enabling it to run in the background, and hopefully, resolve this issue.

Let me know how it goes — I'll be here in case you need any further help 🙂

NoahSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi!

I have followed all steps, rebooted my phone but it still doesn't work.

I can go to the previous/next song, but pause/play does nothing.

almir-m

Hey folks,

We're currently looking into a similar issue in this Ongoing Issue thread.

Make sure to head over there and leave the requested info as a comment - we'll make sure to get back to you there as soon as we have more info.

Thanks!

same

Suggested posts