Premium

Country

CANADA

Device

SAMSUNG A70

Operating System

Android 9

My Question or Issue

Only the next/last song buttons work on the lock screen. Pause play animates but does not do anything. Have performed clean reinstall, turned off power optimization, and numerous other supposed "fixed" solutions on the help forums that do not work.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @Xenia,

I can confirm: Disabling the Music FaceWidget is a workaround for this issue. For me it doesn't matter which widget I use so this solution is ok. Thanks for your support!

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Any news about this? I have the same issue on my S8 (Android Pie). I tried everything like the OP but nothing helped.

To be honest I start to get disappointed by Spotify: Every now and then there is something really annoying happening out of nowhere which persists ages until it gets fixed. I pay ~15€ every month and I really think about changing to an other service since the quality of this service is declining rapidly...

Hey there @byck87 and @Burrcore,

Thanks for posting about this in the Community!

We're currently gathering info on this to pass on to our tech teams to look into things. If you're still experiencing this, it'd be great if you could add your +VOTE here and leave a comment with the info requested in the Status Update.

In the meantime you can also try turning off the Music FaceWidget in the settings and allowing Spotify to use its own widget on the lock screen, as this seems to fix the issue for some users.

Hope this info is useful. Let us know how you get on.

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!
Marked as solution

Hi @Xenia,

I can confirm: Disabling the Music FaceWidget is a workaround for this issue. For me it doesn't matter which widget I use so this solution is ok. Thanks for your support!

This workaround is ineffective as there is no Spotify lock screen widget, unless you are referring to the drop down notification pane on the lock screen, which has controls. However this drop down pane is always available, even with the music widget enabled on the lock screen. As such, disabling the widget only serves to reduces functionality as it removes the ability to toggle songs forward and backwards without drawing down the notification pane from the top of the screen. Additionally, holding down your finger and dragging in order to access pause/play functionality is more burdensome and attention demanding than holding down the finger print sensor and then pausing from the app itself. Fewer swipes, equal number of finger taps.

@byck87 @Xenia 

Plan: Premium

Device: SAMSUNG A70

Operating System: Android 9

Spotify Version: 8.5.48.1049

Suggested posts