Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Pause spotify seems to sleep the app

Pause spotify seems to sleep the app

I recently got a Spotify Premium account and really like the ability to remotely control Spotify on one device from another. It's great to keep control from the phone in my pocket!

One thing that I find to be an issue is that when I pause playback remotely for more than a short time that the Spotify app on the playback device goes into some sort of sleep mode and when I restart playback the app on my phone has lost contact with that on the intended playback device and it starts playing on the phone. Sometimes I need to go to the playback device to manually start playback there, which rather defeats the purpose of remote control.

I'm guessing that this may be caused by Android on the playback device (an Asus Transformer Prime running a custom ROM based on 4.2.1) 'intelligently' managing processes and seeing that Spotify is not running so it can be 'slept'. If this is the case is there anyway to stop it happening?

1 Reply

Hi, You are spot oin. Android is closing the process and this means that when you load the app back up you may have to reconnect to your Connect device.

It';s annoying, but I haven't found a work-around yet.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Suggested posts