Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Paused song resumes after any system sound

Paused song resumes after any system sound

Ever since the last update (currently on version 8.4.3.479 armV7), playing any system sound - such as an alarm, a phonecall or similar - will make Spotify resume playing, even if no music was playing before the system event.

An example of what happens:

1: Play song

2: Pause song

3: Go to sleep

4: Wake up when alarm clock sounds.

5: Turn off alarm - Spotify resumes play <- obvious bug

Every time I finish a phone call or an alarm sounds or similar, Spotify starts playing music. This makes the app unusable. The phone is a Moto G5 running Android 7.

3 Replies

Does the music play when the screen locks or at other times?

Does it happen when you play downloaded music as well as when you are streaming? Are you using any of the power saving modes?

If you go to device maintenance>battery, is spotify listed under "unmonitored apps" at the bottom?

--------------------------------------------------

Hi - If i helped show some love and hit that like button

If I solved the issue - don't be shy, mark my answer as the solution!

------------------------------------------
Follow my actual spotify account for some playlist personally made by me, they include: ACIDRAP and PUMPxRAP.
Follow me

> Does the music play when the screen locks or at other times?

Whenever another application (phonecalls, alarms etc) that plays sound stops. Doesn't matter whether the screen is locked or not. Does not occur for notification sounds (SMS).

> Does it happen when you play downloaded music as well as when you are streaming?

It happens when I'm not playing music at all. Spotify starts playing the last played song, regardless whether that song is cached locally or streamed directly.

> Are you using any of the power saving modes?

No.

> If you go to device maintenance>battery, is spotify listed under "unmonitored apps" at the bottom?

Android 7 does not appear to have a "device maintenance" category. If I go to the "battery" page in the settings app, there is no "unmonitored apps" category. Spotify is listed as an application that does use quite a bit of battery however, which is not unexpected.

@hotnspicyyyyyy has taken to copying solutions posted in reply to other issues and pasting them as "solutions" to completely unrelated problems for some strange reason. I'm not sure if it's malicious or just childish enthusiasm.

I'm just wondering if this is connected in any way to this thread?

Suggested posts