Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Pausing playback every time phone "sleeps" AND not playing full playlist

Solved!

Pausing playback every time phone "sleeps" AND not playing full playlist

Hi!  I'm pretty new to spotify so forgive me if this has been covered somewhere but I can't find anything on these 2 problems (using the free app):

1. My phone goes into "sleep" mode after no activity on the screen for a while (android).  Whenever this happens, which is about every 2-3 songs, the playback on spotify pauses and I have to manually trigger it to start playing again.  Is there some way to get it to continue to play even when the screen goes dark on my phone?

2. I have 4 hours 15 min of music on my playlist, yet shuffle play continues to play the same handful of tracks over and over (maybe 15-20 songs) while it has yet to ever play some of them.  Each time I use it, I might get to hear 2 new (ie: not yet played) tracks in a 45 min time period.  Is there something in the settings?  Or is this improved with the premium version?

Thanks a lot in advance for any tips!

Audrey

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Oh yes!

Try disabling JD and see if it now works 😉

I used to use it but then realised I'm dumbing down my smartphone... and these days a phone can generally last a day on a charge so I removed it.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Ok, question 1... I suspect you have either an app or setting enabled to disable mobile data when the screen is off. Check your Power settings and see if this is the case.

Secondly; agree. Shuffle sometimes isn't as random as it should be. The developers are aware and I know they are looking at the algorithms for this to try and improve our.

Android Troubleshooting:

Thanks a lot for the reply Daniel.  

As for my power settings, I don't see any options to disable mobile data when the screen locks, and I do get notifications of new emails and apps being updated automatically even when the screen is locked so I don't think mobile data is disabled.  I did find a thread of people on iphone who were experiencing the problem I had... seems like I need to disable the screen lock or put it on a much longer sleep time.  Of course that will eat up my battery but not sure what other options I could do at this point... 

Do you have a cache cleaner, task manager or battery saver app installed at all? Things like Clean Master, Juice Defender etc?

Android Troubleshooting:

Yes I do, I have Task Manager AND Juice Defender.

do these thinsg somehow interfere?

Marked as solution

Oh yes!

Try disabling JD and see if it now works 😉

I used to use it but then realised I'm dumbing down my smartphone... and these days a phone can generally last a day on a charge so I removed it.

Android Troubleshooting:

Ok thanks, i will try it when I'm at the gym tonight! 

That seems to have done the trick!  It didn't shut down on me when the phone locked.  Thanks a bunch!

Hi! Been having the same problem, and was wondering what JD is and whether I control the solution to this issue using the Spotify settings, or my phone's core settings.

Thanks a bunch for taking the time and have a great day 🙂

What is JD?! Thanks

Suggested posts