Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Pausing randomly when phone screen off

Pausing randomly when phone screen off

For some reason for the past few months, spotify will pause when my phone screen is off. It's usually when I am in a place with bad service, but the music I am listening to is all downloaded. I will lock my phone, turning the screen off and the music will pause sometimes. But when I turn the screen back on, not unlocking it, just turning the screen on, the music will resume. Itll play for about 30 seconds but then itll stop again and I'll just have to repeat the process of turning my screen on. It's very infuriating and I thought it would be fixed with an update, but it did not

Plan

Premium

Country

Usa

Device

Samsung galaxy s 8 plus

Operating System

Andriod

My Question or Issue

For some reason for the past few months, spotify will pause when my phone screen is off. It's usually when I am in a place with bad service, but the music I am listening to is all downloaded. I will lock my phone, turning the screen off and the music will pause sometimes. But when I turn the screen back on, not unlocking it, just turning the screen on, the music will resume. Itll play for about 30 seconds but then itll stop again and I'll just have to repeat the process of turning my screen on. It's very infuriating and I thought it would be fixed with an update, but it did not

3 Replies

Hey @Lemon!

Thanks for coming to the Community. I'll try to help you out. Can you try following these Android troubleshooting steps?

Make sure to let me know if that does the trick!

Jose_MSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Yes! Thank you

Hey!

I'm glad to hear my reply was helpful. Make sure to let me know if you have any other questions and have a nice day 🙂Thumbs_up500px.gif

Jose_MSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts