Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Payment Error "Contact With Your Bank"

Solved!

Payment Error "Contact With Your Bank"

Because of an unknown issue i constantly get payment problem error from Spotify. It says "the payment payment could not be performed, contact with your bank." The card is working completely (personally tested), so it's not the card. And this is not the first time, when i cancel my premium and re*enable it with the same card it accepts it but then one month later this happens. I dont know why this happens and i'm sick of it. Anyone did face this problem?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi. Prepaid cards often won't authorise repeat payments and I suspect that is the issue here. The alternative might be to use it to buy e-cards . If you still leave your prepaid card registered as a payment method, you'll still get the email reminder when your subscription needs renewing.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Hi, and welcome to the community!

What bank are you with?

Try getting in touch with them to see if they decline Spotify going through or something, as if Spotify can't use the card it's almost certainly the bank declining the transaction.

Anthony 🙂

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

Thanks for your reply

Unfortunately, this is a card named Ininal that you can buy from one of our local supermarket in Turkey, which you can use as a internet credit card. So it is not connected to a bank as i know (but it should be). Anyway my friend has the exact same card and pays his spoitfy premium with that and doesnt have this problem. Me too can pay with this but the problem occurs when the next month comes.

Marked as solution

Hi. Prepaid cards often won't authorise repeat payments and I suspect that is the issue here. The alternative might be to use it to buy e-cards . If you still leave your prepaid card registered as a payment method, you'll still get the email reminder when your subscription needs renewing.

Well i did not know that, thanks 🙂

Suggested posts