Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Phone will randomly connect to a PC named FRIENDSINT-PC

Solved!

Phone will randomly connect to a PC named FRIENDSINT-PC

Over the last few weeks I've been having a problem where my spotify on my phone will randomly connect to another device (PC named in Subject)

This will happen when I am at home, work or driving in my car. 

I have been to the device settings and changed the device sharing to local only so it should only connect to devices on the same network, however it seems to still be happening. 

I also have tried a fresh install of the spotify app, and this worked for about a week before it started happening again. 

The problem I have when it connects to this device is it will just start playing a different playlist, or skip songs and do other strange things.

It's getting pretty tedious now, to the point where I am considering cancelling my premium and moving to another service. 

Can anyone help?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Try this:

1. Go to your account overview and hit the :Sign out everywhere" button.
  2. Change your spotify password.

You will need to log back in on your devices and redownload any offline music but the problem should be fixed. If not,  use the online contact form and someone at Spotify can help get this sorted. If you get an automated response directing you back to the community or to the help pages, please reply to it by email and you will hear back from one of the team shortly.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Try this:

1. Go to your account overview and hit the :Sign out everywhere" button.
  2. Change your spotify password.

You will need to log back in on your devices and redownload any offline music but the problem should be fixed. If not,  use the online contact form and someone at Spotify can help get this sorted. If you get an automated response directing you back to the community or to the help pages, please reply to it by email and you will hear back from one of the team shortly.

Thanks for this, I will give it a go and see where we end up

Suggested posts