Pick and play playlists suddenly shuffle play only

Pick and play playlists suddenly shuffle play only

Plan

Free

Country

U.S.A.

Device

Samsung Galaxy S20

All of my "pick and play" playlists (daily mixes, summer rewind, etc.) have suddenly reverted back to shuffle play only as of Aug. 20th. This has happened previously but was fixable by simply quitting and restarting the app but nothing I do seems to fix them

2 Replies

Hey there @irene135,

Thanks for reaching out to us about this - we'll be glad to help you out here.

Keep in mind that Shuffle Play is the default playback mode when you're using a free Spotify account. If you switch to Premium you can listen tracks on demand anytime. 

If you think you might also have a Premium account apart from the free one, we suggest checking the steps described here on how to make sure you're logged in to the correct Spotify account. If you're accidentally logged in to your free account, you won't be able to see Premium features.  

Keep us posted! We'll be here if you have any questions.  

To my knowledge, since 2018 certain playlists have been made listen on demand for free users including spotify generated playlists like daily mixes, year end most listened to songs, etc. These specific playlists, for me, have been listen on demand since that 2018 update and I have never had a premium account, yet just last week they reverted back to shuffle play only. I'm just confused as to whether this is an issue with my account/app that can be fixed or if spotify is no longer offering listen on demand playlists to free users.

Suggested posts