Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Pioneer AVH-2800BT Bluetooth connection issues

Pioneer AVH-2800BT Bluetooth connection issues

This has been happening for a few weeks. I jump in the car and the phone connects via Bluetooth successfully. I know this as I can call and play music via the Bluetooth menu.

If I choose to use the Spotify integration it just says connection failed please retry. No matter how many times you retry it fails.

I can listen to music via the Bluetooth menu but this work around lacks the ability to search for music etc.

Please fix this soon.
5 Replies

I'm having exactly the same issue with Ford SYNC, Bluetooth connects fine, I can make & receive calls, but as soon as I open Spotify the media connection stops & nothing plays. When I turn the media back on again it closes itself almost immediately. My device (Samsung S7) has just told me there is a new connection application (no longer Samsung Connect) so I'm pretty sure this is the issue.

In the screenshot it is the "media audio" that keeps closing itself.
Screenshot_20170625-115641.png

Any fix for this yet? I have updated the firmware on my Pioneer unit and the Spotify app. I even reset the head unit settings. I've tried everything. Please help!!!

I haven't done anything and I found my app has gotten more stable after my
android phone has updated it's firmware and the app version.

Sorry I cannot help more.

Mine connects for the first couple times of the day, but not again after
that. I spoke with customer service and they said they are removing support
for Pioneer from the Spotify experience, so we just have to use the
Bluetooth App on our head unit instead of the Spotify app.

Mine didn't work for about 4 days and neither did the wife's (same make/age of phone) then all of a sudden everything was back working fine.  We no longer use the Spotify app installed on the radio however, we now connect both phones just via the AUX, you still get track listings just cannot search via the radio, this way it stops the constant failings of the app and means at least we get Spotify every journey.

Suggested posts