Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Pioneer speaker not showing on my Sony Z3C

Solved!

Pioneer speaker not showing on my Sony Z3C

hi guys,

I searched and could not find anything about my problem.

We have a Pioneer speaker hooked up over network at home which has always been visible as a device when using our iPhones. 

I recently bought a Sony Z3 Compact and love it...but the Pioneer speaker does not appear in the devices list when using Spotify on my Sony Z3C. It is driving me nuts that I can't connect to a simple speaker that appears on my wifes iPhone spotify (so it is not the network or the speaker, but the Android phone).

Any help would be hugely appreciated. I am a complete n00b to Android and a little overwhelmed with all the options.

I have tried resetting the router, turning off and on all devices...but no luck. Please someone spare me from pulling my hair out. 

Many thanks!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

It should work straight out. Just to clarify, we're you using the speaker in AirPlay with your IPhone's or were you able to see it as a connect device? Can you check the speaker firmware is up to date?

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

It should work straight out. Just to clarify, we're you using the speaker in AirPlay with your IPhone's or were you able to see it as a connect device? Can you check the speaker firmware is up to date?

Android Troubleshooting:

Hi Daniel and thanks for the reply. 

When I used my iPhone I used the speaker with both Airplay and the device list in Spotify, but primarily the Spotify app. 

I have not tried 'pairing' the speaker by plugging in the new phone directly and pressing the speaker buttons together. I will try this tonight and see if it helps. (I just found a video suggesting this on youtube).

And yeah good idea, I will also check the firmware of the Pioneer.

Fingers crossed!

UPDATE: It was indeed the firmware. I updated (not easy on a macbook!) but got there in the end and it fixed the issue so thanks very much for the suggestion Daniel 🙂

Great stuff. I know I had to update my Pioneer Speaker to get the functionality back when Connect was first launched which is what made me think of it.

Glad you're sorted and I agree... updating the firmware isn't an easy feat... I actually used my Android to do it which I suggest would be harder than the Macbook 🙂

Android Troubleshooting:

Suggested posts