Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Play ALL downloaded songs (including albums)

Play ALL downloaded songs (including albums)

Plan

Premium

Country

England 

Device

(Samsung Galaxy S7)

My Question or Issue

This seems like such a ridiculous question to ask. I want to be able to shuffle every single song I have downloaded, including albums that I have downloaded.

For example, I have several Foster The People albums saved but when I go to Songs it only shows singles I have downloaded. If I search "Foster The People" there are no results in my All Songs section. I know for a fact on the Apple version of Spotify, this is not an issue as downloaded albums appear in the All Songs section.

Am I missing something glaringly obvious because this is a really frustrating issue?

8 Replies

Hey @pratay1,

Welcome to the community!

If you save an album to Your Library, all of the songs from the saved album should show up in the "Songs" section of Your Library.

To resolve this issue, let's try a quick clean reinstallation of the app. Just follow these steps.

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

Let me know how it goes. Happy listening 🙂

NoahSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi,

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app like you said, as well as clearing the cache and albums are still not showing up in my Songs section.

-Versions-
Spotify: 8.4.63.584 armV7
Android: 8.0.0

Thanks for helping 🙂

Hey @pratay1,

Thanks for that information!

Let's try clearing the cache of the Spotify app by following these steps:

1. Tap Your Library icon_library.png in the menu at the bottom of the screen.
  2. Tap icon_settings.png.
  3. Scroll to Other and select Delete cache and saved data.
  4. Tap OK.

If that doesn’t work, can you try saving an album to Your Library using the web player, and check if the songs from the album appear in the "songs" section of Your Library?

Keep me posted 🙂

NoahSpotify Star

Ok I tried clearing the cache, that didn't work. Although interestingly I tried saving an album via the Web player and that did work. I don't want to have to redo all my albums though that's so many haha.

At least we have a partial solution though thank you! Can you think of any other things to try?

Thanks a lot

Hey @pratay1,

Are the albums that you're trying to listen to part of the Spotify catalogue, or are they local files that you've synced to your mobile?

Keep me posted 🙂

NoahSpotify Star

They are all part of the Spotify catalogue.

Thanks

Hey @pratay1,

Using your mobile device, can you confirm that you've saved the albums to Your Library, and not just downloaded them to use in Offline Mode? If they've been saved, they should have the green check mark next to each song's name when you click on the song.

Also, please note that the downloads hub on the iOS version of Spotify was removed, so there isn't a place to go where you can find every downloaded song on your device. The idea to bring back this feature can be found here.

Keep me posted 🙂

NoahSpotify Star

I think this is the problem yes. There are no ticks on all my albums, even though on the Album page it says Saved in a green circle under the album art. I just tried Unsaving and Saving the album from this screen but it didn't seem to work (I am in Online Mode as well)

Thanks again for helping!

Suggested posts