Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Play/Pause UI difficulties with Bluetooth on Android

Solved!

Play/Pause UI difficulties with Bluetooth on Android

The play/pause button was working fine for me up until the most recent update of the app, but now it will play but not pause music.  It also will not pause music quickly enough when the GPS tries to break through, and thus will cut off part of the directions being spoken.  This also worked fine on older versions.  I've had to roll back to an older beta because these features are pretty key for me.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Solved by upgrading to version 0.7.3.629

View solution in original post

10 Replies

Anyone have any further information on this issue? Up until the update a few days ago everything worked fine. Now I cannot pause music with my Bluetooth controls but I can play it from Bluetooth when it is currently paused from pressing pause on the phone.

I'm having the exact same issue too, with my Motorola Droid Razr M, running Android 4.1 and Spotify 0.7.1.407.

Music will play fine over bluetooth, but pausing does not work via the car's controls. If I press pause with my car's controls, it will pause for about a half a second and then resume immediately. Pausing by touching pause in the app on the phone however works fine.

This is a regression in the app since it was working fine in a version from a couple of weeks ago.

Hi guys. It would be useful if you could provide the following information if you're experiencing this problem to help with pinning the problem down.

Mobile device model

Androis OS version

Bluetooth device details

Spotify version

Mobile device model:   Motorola Droid RAZR M

Androis OS version:  4.1.2

Bluetooth device details:  Toyota Camry SE 2012 Display Audio system

Spotify version: 0.7.1.407.

I just switched to Google Play music.  Same price for a comparable service.  The lack of support for stuff like this from Spotify drove me away.  Shame too - I was reccommending it to everyone before this, but the headset functionality is pretty vital to my use of it.  Now I'll be reccommending Play because they actually support their software.

Mobile device model - Samsung Galaxy Note 2 GT-N7100

Androis OS version - 7.1.2

Bluetooth device details - Sony MDR-10RBT

Spotify version - 07.2.402-g40e8dcb4

Marked as solution

Solved by upgrading to version 0.7.3.629

Indeed it is!! 

Thanks for the feedback!! 😄

Yep. Working again with the new version. I guess I'll go back to Spotify then.

I have HTC One.

Android 4.2.

JVC KD-X250BT in the car.

Track skip buttons have never worked properly for me in any version of Spotify. Music plays fine, but pressing next on car radio does nothing most of the time. It takes between 1 and 10 presses to skip if your lucky. Display tags dont work, now with latest version, every track says unknown. For me I dont care about tags on display though, I need skip to work properly.

Using Google Music or Music play works perfectly everytime. Spotify on IOS works perfect everytime. Definately an issue I feel with Spotify Android given my other tests. If it's not fixed soon I will have to change to Google or something as I need it too work in car properly as thats where I use it 99% of the time.

Suggested posts