Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Play queue stops if playlist filter is engaged

Play queue stops if playlist filter is engaged

Description

What are the steps you took to get to the error/issue?

1. Select a playlist and play it

2. Open the same playlist, filter to find a track you want and queue up a track by long pressing and selecting "Queue." It is important that you do NOT hit "X" to reset the filter after queuing the track. It is also important that the same playlist is used.

3. Allow the queued track to start and then play to the end

The execution will return to the playlist but the song will not play. If you look closely at the song that plays after the queued song - it's duration is displayed as 0.01 which indicates something is fishy.

Please note: this issue will not be reproduced if the filter is disengaged / cancelled before the end of the queued track.

What I expected to happen

After the queued track finishes playing, the player / control / execution should return to the playlist

Did you restart your device when troubleshooting in section B?

I have restarted my device many times and even replaced SD cards. The problem persists.

Did you read the connection troubleshooting tips?

No. It's not relevant in this case.

Your device

Huawei G600 Ascend

Device’s Operating System

Android 4.0.1

What type of account do you have?

Premium

(FYI for the below points: Android devices tend to refer to the internal memory as "SD Card" and the SD card you inserted yourself as "External SD Card")

Space left on your device

... GB

Space left on your SD card (if applicable)

1.08 GB

Space left on your External SD card (if applicable)

27.63 GB

Is your device rooted?

No

Are you using a custom ROM, if so which one, exactly?

No

Did you set your external SD card as storage location?

No, but my downloaded music is being stored there. I didn't intentionally set it. As far as I know, Spotify just automatically chooses the location with the most space

Did you manually install an older version before installing the latest version from the Play Store?

No

Do you have the same issue when switching between WiFi/Mobile Data (If applicable)?

I mainly play offline tracks on my mobile. This questions is not relevant

If you said "No", when does the issue not occur?

N/A

My mobile Spotify version

My mobile provider and country

Vodafone Australia

My username

JoeyC

Do you have a Spotify (non-Facebook) login?

No

Are you logging in with Facebook or with your Spotify login details?

facebook login

Do you have any screenshots you can attach to more clearly explain your issue?

If so, please paste them here

2 Replies

Yes, it's good feature when you want to stop music after song ends, just search from dat playlizt :))

I use it a lot!

I'm going to assume you're not joking about calling it a feature. If that's the case, it's a poorly implemented feature because
1. This is inconsistent with how other players (for example, Poweramp) that successfully allow queueing work. Once a queued song has finished playing, it will automatically return to the playlist the player had deviated from. That is Starred Song 1 -> Queued Song -> Starred Song 2

2. The user is given no clue that the filter applies to the queue. The play queue does not suggest the playing will stop after the filtered songs have been played. That is, other songs are still in the play queue when the queue halts.
3. The behavior is inconsistent, doing one thing for the currently playing playlist and the complete opposite behavior for any other playlist. I keep an open mind, so if you can explain this to me, I am very receptive 🙂
4.When the play execution freezes on the next song in the queue and incorrectly displays the duration of this song as 1 second. To get the play started again, the playlist has to be reloaded

This bug/feature greatly reduces the usability of the queue.

Suggested posts