Announcements

Play "local files" on my mobile device

Solved!

Play "local files" on my mobile device

politzer

What's the easiest way to be able to play "local files" that reside on my desktop device on my mobile? After bringing them in to the desktop Spotify client as a playlist I'm able to play them there, and the playlist appears on my mobile client, but the songs are grayed out and say "the track is unavailable".

Thanks

316 Replies

Matt_Dude

I can't check my playlist has avaliable offline, and I couldn't find any website that you can. The official Spotify tutorial doesn't even say anything about it. Help?

justinmorriz

**bleep** thank **bleep**ing god, this is the one solution that worked, y is this not being promoted more lool 

nikhil_sachdeva

**bleep** thanks so much. This actually works. Thx 🙂

Eriksen1

I have tried everything in this artice. Still does not work. It used to work before

finacland

I still couldn't get it to work after following all the advice. Eventually just played it on my desktop whilst my Iphone was connected to Spotify. The song then showed up in the playlist.

knewtan

yes!! 

WilliFreigang

That didn't even work for me... I have done the uninstall/reinstall business on both PC and Mobile Phone (Google Pixel). I have opened firewall, both are on the same wifi network. Still getting a 'waiting to download' status and it's immeasurably frustrating.

jpdlr

I was having the same problem.

It was working only sometime, and when it did work my wifi access point stopped.

But recently it just didn't work at all.

I just checked this thread and read someone saying to disconnect the Firewall.

So I just went into my pc, typed Firewall  and it gives me as a result: WINDOWS DEFENDER FIREWALL WITH ADVANCED SECURITY

I went into INBOUND RULES and looked for Spotify.exe

I found there was 4 of them (I dont know why) but only two of them in green and the others in red (as blocked)

-So I just right clicked the ones in red (blocked), selected Properties and in the Action part in General I selected ALLOW THE CONNECTION and it started Downloading!!

Hope it helps!

ThorTheMemelord

Sorry, bit of a computer noob, how do I do the firewall part?

JuanCpl

I guess for some it's just luck. After downloading a record and listening to it for a while on my computer it started downloading on my phone.

mangotree22

perfect, this helped!

clairelk

Following the outlined syncing steps, but with the computer using the phone's mobile hotspot instead of just both devices on the same wifi network, is the only thing that worked for me. Hope this helps!

JHvvok

same i just did that myself

coraleeyorke

I was having a hard time with this - I simply emailed myself from my desktop and opened my email on my phone and saved to device. The song now appears in Spotify without being grayed out. 

alexisa

I think that this app can help you

https://folderfly.xyz/

Brettsickle

This works. Just tried it and went to post on here about it but this guy beat me to it. 

chriscook75

I'm having this exact same problem. Can't cast the local, synced songs from my mobile to my Google Chromecast Audio. When I try and play them, Spotify returns this message

"CAN'T PLAY RIGHT NOW

Sorry! You can't play this content while connected to another device"

Any idea how to get around this?

chriscook75

I'm having this exact same problem. Can't cast the local, synced songs from my mobile to my Google Chromecast Audio. When I try and play them, Spotify returns this message

"CAN'T PLAY RIGHT NOW

Any idea how to get around this?

chriscook75

So I've worked it out from the helpful posts in this thread, but now I have this problem:

Can't cast the local, synced songs from my mobile to my Google Chromecast Audio. When I try and play them, Spotify returns this message

"CAN'T PLAY RIGHT NOW

I can play them on my phone, and play them via a Blutooth speaker, just not when I'm connected to my home wifi network. Any idea how to get around this?

Joe

Local files can’t be played with Spotify Connect.

(Spotify Connect)

Suggested posts

Env: prod