Playback Stops in Lock Screen - Galaxy S10

Solved!

Playback Stops in Lock Screen - Galaxy S10

millkd
Casual Listener

Plan: Premium

Device: Galaxy S10+

Operating System: Android Pie

My Question or Issue: Whenever my phone sleeps (goes to the lock screen), Spotify stops playing. I have tried all of the recommended settings for battery management, power settings, etc. and none of them work. This is incredibly frustrating and if Spotify cannot provide a solution I will cancel my premium plan! 

6 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Solution!

Re: Playback Stops in Lock Screen - Galaxy S10

Manasdama
Casual Listener

Hey..

I use s9+ . From india. i was facing same issues. When locked my screen its stops playbacm aftr few seconds. 

I hope this might help you.

Just open the main menu (appdrawer) and search for sleeping apps.  Open it in the settings. Its a 90% chance that the list might include spotify in it. Just long press spotify if it appears there and click on the remove on bottom right. And try it out then 

I hope this solves your issues. 

Thankyou. Do revert if its solved.  Attached few screenshots tooScreenshot_20190314-011422_Device care.jpg

Screenshot_20190314-011344_Finder.jpg

Screenshot_20190314-011347_Finder.jpg

Solution!

RedFreeman
Visitor

Settings>Apps>Spotify>Battery>Allow background activity

I also pulled up the optimized list and removed spotify from it and so far so good 

Solution!

Kylede5280
Casual Listener

Settings > Device Care > Battery > Spotify > Put App To Sleep is OFF. 

That should work. Every time you optimize the device, this turns back on so you may have to do this every time your phone gets "optimizied". 

Hope this helps!

Screenshot_20190403-152042_Device care.jpg
Solution!

Buddahead808

i think I figured it out... If you swipe up to bring up your app drawer then in the search type in optimize.  Optimize battery usage will show up. Click on that then choose it again... in the drop down select all apps. Then scroll down to spotify and disable battery optimization.

Screenshot_20190404-082917_Settings.jpg
Solution!

samcooke24

Using S10. The battery optimization did not work for me. However, I did find this to work: settings > lock screen > FaceWidgets > turn off music widget.

This allows Spotify's widget in the lock screen rather than Samsung's disfunction widget 

Screenshot_20190423-001500_Settings.jpg
Solution!

RobertGraves
Casual Listener

I solved this problem by logging in to my account at spotify.com and then I clicked the "Sign Out Everywhere" button. Then I had to sign in again and everything worked properly after that. I hope this will help anyone. 

72 Replies

xoholo
Composer

Hello,

Thanks for reaching out to the community!

Since you've already tinkered around with the power settings, why don't you try doing a reinstall of Spotify?

Keep us posted!

:)

millkd
Casual Listener
I tried an uninstall and reinstall. It did not fix the issue.

Cleohex
Visitor

I'm having the same problem and have played with the power settings too. 

It's so frustrating and I concur cancelling subscription if not resolved.

millkd
Casual Listener
I spent an hour on the phone with Samsung support today and here's what I learned:

If you go to Apps > Spotify > Optimize battery usage, Spotify will continue playing after you've clicked the power button to sleep the display. However, if you allow the display to time out and sleep on its own, Spotify will continue to shut off when the display sleeps.

According to Samsung technical support this is a new issue and they are looking into a fix.

In the meantime I hope this temporary work around is useful for you.

xeratus
Casual Listener

I'm also having issues with Spotify playback over Bluetooth with my S10+ and it's very frustrating. I'll be playing music and every few songs it will just stop playing and the media buttons don't work ever. Trying to use the tap shortcuts on my galaxy buds also only ever works half the time. 

Re: Playback Stops in Lock Screen Samsung buds don't work at times - Galaxy S10

Socio_God666
Casual Listener

Same

Highlighted
Solution!

Manasdama
Casual Listener

Hey..

I use s9+ . From india. i was facing same issues. When locked my screen its stops playbacm aftr few seconds. 

I hope this might help you.

Just open the main menu (appdrawer) and search for sleeping apps.  Open it in the settings. Its a 90% chance that the list might include spotify in it. Just long press spotify if it appears there and click on the remove on bottom right. And try it out then 

I hope this solves your issues. 

Thankyou. Do revert if its solved.  Attached few screenshots tooScreenshot_20190314-011422_Device care.jpg

Screenshot_20190314-011344_Finder.jpg

Screenshot_20190314-011347_Finder.jpg

xeratus
Casual Listener

Thank you. I never noticed this before. I have just now removed Spotify from sleeping apps so hopefully playback will continue. I'll post later with an update. 

Manasdama
Casual Listener
I was facing it since a week. I was finding a solution myself. And i saw
your post . And idk somehow i figured it out itself. I found the solution
just bcz of your question. :D coincidence.
SUGGESTED POSTS