Playback Stops in Lock Screen - Galaxy S10

Solved!

Re: Playback Stops in Lock Screen - Galaxy S10

slowemm

This worked for me as well.  Such a dumb problem, you would think the software guys would consider things like this before they issue updates.

Rising Star 13 leviE
Rising Star 13

thanks!

leviERising Star 13
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
Solution!

samcooke24

Using S10. The battery optimization did not work for me. However, I did find this to work: settings > lock screen > FaceWidgets > turn off music widget.

This allows Spotify's widget in the lock screen rather than Samsung's disfunction widget 

Screenshot_20190423-001500_Settings.jpg

julien_t

@samcooke24 wrote:

Using S10. The battery optimization did not work for me. However, I did find this to work: settings > lock screen > FaceWidgets > turn off music widget.

This allows Spotify's widget in the lock screen rather than Samsung's disfunction widget 

That worked for me on the S10+. None of the battery optimization / sleep settings had any effect. 

AEMV

Same problem but :

- not working with Settings > Device Care > Battery > Spotify > Put App To Sleep is OFF. 

- not working with lock screen > FaceWidgets > turn off music widget.  It just turn off the widget. No command after that.

:(  Other solution ?

Thanks

eeros

@samcooke24 wrote:

This worked for me on S9+

galmeida2019

I solved this problem by setting medium energy saving level in battery settings. The optimized level setting stops apps running in the background using wifi or cellular data access. This causes Spotify to stop playing music when the phone enters standby. The medium level allows apps running in the background to access wifi or cellular data. 

Dmac561

Thank you so much this worked right away !

Stickybun

Huge thank you for this quick and easy solution, helped with a number of other apps too :) Star! 🌟

Nathan_surgenor

I tried everything with battery and performance mode. Even Bluetooth settings as I'm connected to a speaker too. For me the fix was turning off "Canvas". Hope this helps 

Screenshot_20190614-173738_Spotify.jpg
SUGGESTED POSTS