Playback Stops in Lock Screen - Galaxy S10

Solved!

Re: Playback Stops in Lock Screen - Galaxy S10

EeSmurph

This appears to be the fix that worked for me.  Galaxy S10+.  When the screen went to lock Spotify would pause randomly.  Sometimes it would start again, sometimes not.  Widgets and other controls would not work.  

"If you go to Apps > Spotify > Optimize battery usage, Spotify will continue playing after you've clicked the power button to sleep the display. However, if you allow the display to time out and sleep on its own, Spotify will continue to shut off when the display sleeps."

CloeElly

I have had the same issue on and off for about 6 months, the first few times unistalling has worked but now it doesn't. I think I'm going to switch for Apple Play as I pay premium and it never works

Brightnblessed

Thank you. It worked!!

You saved my life! Thanks. 

AEKL77
Visitor

Thanks. This worked for my S9.

@Nathan_surgenor wrote:

I tried everything with battery and performance mode. Even Bluetooth settings as I'm connected to a speaker too. For me the fix was turning off "Canvas". Hope this helps 

Tomontoast
Visitor

Dude your a legend. Keep the camera on. What a load of eeejits. My battery ran out last night and it put spotify to sleep. You've save me from Burning my headphones phone and leaving spotify completely

TurtleInARock

Thank you!!!!!

ladylaff
Casual Listener

Thank you very much - that's the one of the many proposed fixes that finally worked for me. You're a star!

ChristoG
Visitor

Bingo! 👍

ppr120573
Visitor

I confirm this happens on a brand new Samsung A50 on Adndroid version 9.  Very annoying.  As soon as the phone sleeps, any music playing stops.  If I tap the screen so that the lock screen displays, the music starts playing again.  I tried delete cache, restart, uninstall spotify, reinstall spotify, use offline music.  None of it works, it has to be a software issue either Spotify / Samsung / or both.

SUGGESTED POSTS