Premium

Country

USA

Device

Google Pixel 3

Operating System

Android 9

My Question or Issue

I have the latest version of Google Maps and Spotify on my Pixel 3. I have "show media playback controls" enabled and select Spotify as my default player. On the bottom of my navigation it says "To play music, you need to connect to Spotify when it is safe to do so." I click continue, and it brings me into Spotify for a brief second. It says I am then connected, but no playback controls show. It still shows the "...you need to connect to Spotify..." message with the Continue button. I went online and removed Google Maps access to try again. Still the same thing. This feature worked fine on my HTC 10 before I upgraded my phone to a Pixel 3. What is going on?

8 Replies

I have the exact same issue on a Huawei P20 pro! 

Been having the same issue. Only started in the last 24 hours and, whatever I do, I can't get Spotify and Google Maps to connect. 

Google Maps version: 10.2.1 (#1002101040)
Spotify version: 8.4.78.530

Having the same problem in pixel 3.

A mi me ocurrio el mismo problema con mi huawei p20 Lite, en Colombia, lo que hice fue darle la opcion de habilitar sincronizacion con WAZE y me elimino el mensaje.

Same issue, seems like someone broke something with the update...

Moto G6, Android 8. Same exact problem.

same here! LG G6 (US997). only since the pasyfew days has this been happening. Android Nougat.

Hi all!

Please do the troubleshooting steps listed in this thread and post your results there as well to keep the discussion about the issue in one thread.

Thanks!

Suggested posts