Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playback is intermittendly stopping or skipping songs in OFFLINE mode

Solved!

Playback is intermittendly stopping or skipping songs in OFFLINE mode

Hi,

I'm having this rather big playlist (currently 550+ songs). I marked it as OFFLINE, and apparently all songs in the list are marked as "downloaded" (>> green arrow).

Last week the spotify app (running on Android 5.1.1) had a force close (= crash), and when I got the app back up the entire playlist was in ONLINE mode. So I set it back to OFFLINE mode, and some time later everything appeared to be downloaded.

But since then it happens that offline playback is stopping in the middle of a song, always at the same position, no matter how often I repeat. And in other cases entire songs are skipped.

Q: is there a way to repeat the download process just for a single song within a list, or something like that which saves me from switching the entire playlist back to to ONLINE, then back to OFFLINE again?

Thanks

elem

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @elem089

Welcome to the Spotify Community.

In this case, we think that the cache of your devices might be duplicated and this could be causing the issue. To fix this up, please remove all your offline devices over here. Then, reinstall the app following these simple steps

This should fix the issue, but you need to remove the offline device before you reinstall the app. Keep in mind that you'll have to re-sync all your offline music once again.

Let us know how you get on 🙂
Maria_BModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“The music is not in the notes, but in the silence in between.” – Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @elem089

Welcome to the Spotify Community.

In this case, we think that the cache of your devices might be duplicated and this could be causing the issue. To fix this up, please remove all your offline devices over here. Then, reinstall the app following these simple steps

This should fix the issue, but you need to remove the offline device before you reinstall the app. Keep in mind that you'll have to re-sync all your offline music once again.

Let us know how you get on 🙂
Maria_BModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“The music is not in the notes, but in the silence in between.” – Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart

looks as if that did it, many thanks

Suggested posts