Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playback of Downloaded Content

Playback of Downloaded Content

Just looking to confirm with the community here, but it is my understanding with Spotify will not automatically use your downloaded content when playing back?  For example, I have downloaded one of my playlists to my device.  I hop into my car, fire up Android Auto and shuffle that playlist.  But, I forget to toggle offline mode as I usually don't have the app in offline mode to allow for playing of whatever I might feel like, wherever I am at the time.

So in doing the above, Spotify will stream my playlist, even though it is right there downloaded on my device???  Is this correct?  This seems utterly insane to me and allows the app to use my data for no good reason.  If this is the case, wow.

2 Replies

@TheIgster 

The app should use the downloaded content if available, but I still prefer using offline mode to be sure.

An idea has been suggested here:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Mobile-Toggle-for-Cell-Data-Streaming/idi-p/4813547

You could vote for it, and add a comment there, so it may be considered. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

That's not what support told me when I chatted with them.  I wanted to confirm if others on here had seen their data chewed through when using Spotify in their car and having downloaed their playlists.

Suggested posts