Playback stops after 9 seconds

Re: Playback stops after 9 seconds

Adrianhobson
Casual Listener

Thanks Mihail, I really appreciate your suggestions. I have good news and a solution. Spotify chat were great and we tried everything even using a test Spotify account all to no avail. This pointed to the problem being with the Google Home. I did a factory reset (hold button at back in for 15 seconds). When the Google Home restarted everything was fine and Spotify plays perfectly again.

Mihail

Hey @Adrianhobson,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

We're happy to hear that you found a working solution!

We'll be here if you have any other questions.

Cheers.

MihailModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music is a language that doesn’t speak in particular words. It speaks in emotions, and if it’s in the bones, it’s in the bones.” - Keith Richards

nickystee
Casual Listener

The version of Spotify I'm using has no menus like the ones described in the troubleshooting steps I was referred to. I've included some screenshots of my Spotify app. It works on other devices, but no matter who I'm logged in as on my Chromebook, or if I use incognito mode, every song still stops for 3 to 10 seconds at the 9 second mark. This has been going on for years now, and I pay for premium. Please help...

CarlosE

Hey @nickystee,

Thanks for keeping in touch.

It looks like the screenshots weren't uploaded correctly. However, since the desktop app isn't available for Chromebook, it looks like you're using the web player.

If your Chromebook has Google Play Store, could you try downloading the Android app from there and let us know how it works?

You can find more info about Spotify on Chromebook in this article.

Keep us posted on how it goes.

CarlosEModerator

MrYoshii
Music Fan

Got the same problem im using it on Chrome. 

It stardet a few days ago and its not on every song.

Jeremy

Hey there @MrYoshii,

Thank you for your post here in this thread.

Can you let us know which troubleshooting steps you've taken that's been provided in this thread so that we can continue assist you in the best way.

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

MrYoshii
Music Fan
I restarted the PC and cleared the cache.

Mihail

Hey @MrYoshii,

Thanks for getting back to us.

We understand that this is happening in the web player, correct? Does it happen also when using the app? 

In any case, it's a good idea to try connecting to a different internet network and checking if the same happens there. If it works with another connection, it's best to contact the service provider of the original network for more information. 

Be sure to also give it a go with a private or incognito browser. That way we can check if data stored in the browser is causing the issue.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted how it goes.

MihailModerator

“Music is a language that doesn’t speak in particular words. It speaks in emotions, and if it’s in the bones, it’s in the bones.” - Keith Richards

MrYoshii
Music Fan
Have tried it with an Incognito tab also brings unfortunately nothing
On the network it can not be because it worked and suddenly just no longer. Also it is not with every song. And it is always exact at 9 seconds

Mihail

Hey @MrYoshii,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

Did you have the chance to give the app a go? Does the same happen there? If you could ask a friend or family member to log in their account on the same device and see if the playback stops then as well, that would help us a lot. A possible alternative would be to create a new account and see if the issue comes up there.

Let us know how you get on.

MihailModerator

SUGGESTED POSTS