Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playing a long playlist, and not all songs in the playlist get played

Playing a long playlist, and not all songs in the playlist get played

Hi, I have Spotify Premium and I have the app on both my windows 10 desktop and android device (One Plus 6), and I have this same problem on both. The issue is that whenever I hit play (not shuffle) on a very long playlist (~800+ songs at the moment), it will not play the entire playlist. It usually on queues the first 50 or so songs. I have tried logging out and logging back in. I have tried uninstalling the app on both of my devices, but neither of these solutions that people have recommended has worked. I have also tried reorganizing my playlist by title, artist and time added, and playing from there. However, the same issue occurs and it only plays the first 50ish songs. Since I will listen to the same playlist for days on end, I have notices that this happens every time while this problem did not occur a few months back when I began using Spotify. However, that may have only been because I did not have the large playlists like I do now. If this is a feature: its shitty and it needs to be changed because I am not the only person complaining about this, and it discourages me from using this platform. If this is a bug, I do not see why this has not been fixed because the same issue has been mentioned with the shuffle button. Thank you.
5 Replies

I am facing same problem, I had this problem few months ago (Jan - Feb) and it got fixed but it got broken ~ yesterday or day before yesterday. In Developer words lazy loading stopped - exactly 50 songs is shown. If I play the 50th and hit next button it plays - I can pause, play next or previous track but I cannot load them to the screen.

I did refresh multiple times, login log out, tested with multiple browsers. 

Hey @Emmaamme and @1185843786,

Thanks for getting in touch!

We'd like to find out what is happening here. Could you tell us what happens after the 50~ songs? Does the music simply stop or does it start playing from the beginning again? We'd also like to know if you are using Spotify Connect to stream music to another device.

Let us know what you can find. Looking forward to your reply.

Have a nice day!

Luckily day you replied problem get solved, but music simply continued to play just playlist (in my case list of favourite songs) did not move. I could do everything as usual (next song, previous, pause, play) song would even move back to the song visible but after 50th song you just could not scrool down. it simply finished on 50th song (the screen) but music continued like normal just screen did not load further. From beginning lazy loading was working well - you scrool, page loads next songs but it stops on the 50th song - no more songs visible but music continues. Hope you understand what I want to say.

Hey @1185843786.

Thanks for getting back to us.

We're aware of the issue that playlists don't load completely.

The right folks have taken a look at this. Right now, we're not able to provide an exact timeline for a fix, but we'd recommend always keeping your Spotify app up to date to ensure you're on the latest and best version.

We're sorry for the inconvenience. Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day!

Hi,

there is misunderstanding - my post was about details of the issue for the reference - issue is solved since Saturday 18th. Thanks for the fix

Suggested posts