Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playing and streaming stops in the middle of each song

Solved!

Playing and streaming stops in the middle of each song

Hello, 

I'm a Premium subscriber. I use Spotify primarily on my Samsung Galaxy S4 and sometimes on my Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 10.1. While I have no issues while playing music on my tablet, every single song stops in the middle on my S4, whether it is in a playlist or a radio, even when I'm using a Wifi connection. I didn't used to have this problem but it appeared a couple of months ago.

I've read all the FAQs, I've checked the posts on this community forum, I've deleted all the downloaded songs, I've clean re-installed the app on several occasions, nothing works. I have more than 3 Gb of free space left on my device and more than 30 Gb of free space on my SD card. The music always stops. 

For info, my S4 (GT-I9500) is using Android 4.4.2, the Spotify app version is 2.2.0.636.

Please help! 

At this point, if I can't get Spotify to work correctly on my phone, I'm just going to cancel my subscription since it has become useless.

Thank you for your help.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hello, 

I was finally able to identify the problem. It had nothing to do with Spotify. I started suspecting other apps or the phone itself. It turns out that it was the micro SD card that had become defective and causing music to stop being heard. 

I just thought I should let you know. 

Thanks for all your suggestions. 

View solution in original post

4 Replies

The current app seems to be quite buggy, my current suggestion is to revert to a previous version (links in my signature0. until an update is released.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Hello, 

I tried two older versions, 2.1.0.903 and 1.9.0.1273, but the results are the same. The song plays, sound stops all of a sudden, at a random place, but it looks like it's still playing with minutes and seconds running. I thought at first it was a streaming problem so I downloaded some songs, tried, and got the exact same results. Even though the file is on the phone itself, there's no sound.

Any ideas on what I should do now?

Thanks so much for your help.

Marked as solution

Hello, 

I was finally able to identify the problem. It had nothing to do with Spotify. I started suspecting other apps or the phone itself. It turns out that it was the micro SD card that had become defective and causing music to stop being heard. 

I just thought I should let you know. 

Thanks for all your suggestions. 

Great, well found and thank you for letting us know you've fixed it!

Glad you're back up-and-running!

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Suggested posts