Premium

Country

The Netherlands

Device

Pc and Phone

Operating System

Windows 10 + Android 9

My Question or Issue

So, I'm aware that Spotify for Windows is awfully slow with syncing the liked songs

I like on my android app. This never was a problem for me, since I would simply use my phone to play my new liked songs on my desktop app.

However, this no longer works properly. Now when I play a liked song through my phone that my pc is not yet aware of, playback completely stops. Furthermore, it is impossible to play that song on my Android app until I shutdown my Windows app and my pc effectively leaves the network.

This would mean I have to wait potentially a week, until my pc catches up with whatever I liked on my phone the past days, which is a bummer.

3 Replies

Hey @Xiving 

Try a clean reinstall in Windows:

Log out of Spotify and then close the program.

Uninstall

Browse to the cache. The default location should be C:\Users\%Username%\AppData\Local\Spotify\Storage and delete everything inside the folder.

Delete the folder C:\Users\%Username%\AppData\Local\Spotify\Users\<random numbers-user>\ There is a folder for each profile that has been logged into Spotify on that computer account.

Reinstall.

Hopefully that'll fix the issue. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hey @osornios,

Thanks for the reply, I only read it just now since I am never really one this site 😕

I actually came back here to check what the status of this bug is, since I still, at times not always, cannot play liked songs on my Windows if I added them on my Android phone recently.

I know how to fix the issue, re-installing or clearing cache is kinda of a first thing to do with broken software 😆

However, this is a re-occurring issue for me, so I am assuming this is a a bug, and having to re-install or clear the cache of Spotify every other day is a little tedious. Also, I have been using a new Android phone and Windows PC compared to last year, so I know it a Spotify issue and not a device issue.

Hey @Xiving,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

Can you give these steps a go and run a clean reinstall? This one is more thorough than the usual reinstall. You can also download Spotify from Microsoft store.

If the issue persists, try installing the app in Safe mode.

Does the issue occur when you try with another account? That way we can check if it's an account-related issue.

Keep us posted! If you have questions, we are here for you.

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts