Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playing music not on my playlist.

Solved!

Playing music not on my playlist.

I made a playlist with 10 songs and after the first one it selects a song I never had. Says playing suggested song, how do I stop this. It won't play my playlist it just progresses into garbage.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

On mobile free Spotify, suggested tracks will be added if the playlst is below a certain number of tracks and/or contains too few different artists. You'll need to experiment to pin down the numbers although I think it used to be something like 14 tracks and three artists but don't hod me to it 🙂

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Are you a free user? If so, you’ll hear a mix of that album or artist plus similar tracks from other artists.

Hey @Harrison2234,

make sure your queue is empty.

Let me know!

BittencourtSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I still have 9 remaining songs on my playlist when it changes, I am a free user but I can play my larger playlist that has 150+ songs with no problem.
Marked as solution

On mobile free Spotify, suggested tracks will be added if the playlst is below a certain number of tracks and/or contains too few different artists. You'll need to experiment to pin down the numbers although I think it used to be something like 14 tracks and three artists but don't hod me to it 🙂

Suggested posts