Premium

Country

United Kingdom

Device

Samsung S20+

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue

I've noticed that sometimes when I shuffle play my main Playlist (which has ~400 songs in it, 37+ hours of music) at some point my Spotify app starts playing a Radio station based on my playlist rather than the actual Playlist.  I know that when you reach the end of your Playlist this can happen, but I'm seeing it happen after probably less than 10 tracks into playing the Playlist which has 400 tracks in it, so it hasn't run out of music.  Is there a way to stop this behaviour, so that it just repeats the Playlist and doesn't go to a playlist radio station?  Thanks.

5 Replies

Hey @andrewjgriff,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

This shouldn't normally happen. Can you run a clean reinstall of the app, following the exact steps in this Guide and let us know if that helped.

If not, check if this happens on other playlists. Also does it only happen on your phone, or on the web player/ other device?

We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I thought I had done this properly but now I'm not so sure, I had definitely uninstalled and reinstalled, but maybe I didnt clear the cache and data first and assumed the uninstall would remove them.  Anyway, the problem is less prevalent but hasnt gone completely, so I'm trying again but following the direction.  I thought my music was being stored on my SD card but couldn't find file com.spotify.music anywhere (assuming the file search on my phone is reliable!).  

Hi @andrewjgriff,

It's great you came back to the Community. 

To make sure your music is downloaded on the SD card check this article. 

Also, can you log in with another account, such as a friend's or a family member's, to see if the issue persist?

If the issue still occurs it'd be useful to know if this happens in certain playlists or in all of them. 

Keep us posted. We'll keep an eye out for your reply 🙂

JulianModerator

If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Hi,

Thanks for the link, it's definitely storing on my SD card and there's loads of room there.

Screenshot_20210820-080256_Spotify.jpg

I haven't noticed the issue as much recently (mainly due to not driving as much due to the pandemic - I'm an IT Consultant but haven't been travelling since March 2020).

Kind regards,

Andrew.

Hey @andrewjgriff,

Thank you for keeping us in the loop!

You're at the correct options menu, from where to choose your storage location. According to the screenshot, we can see that you've "ticked" your device's internal storage as preferred storage location and not the SD card, which is the one below.

We are happy to hear that the issue is not apparent anymore. However, anytime you notice some flaws in your app's behavior, make sure to try and do a clean reinstall to ensure you are rocking the latest supported version.

We're wishing you more travels this year and drop us a line if you need a hand with anything else, the Community is always here for you!

ElenaModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts