Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playings songs on phone with PREMIUM

Playings songs on phone with PREMIUM

I have spotify premium. Downloaded the app on my phone but it still wouldn't let me play most songs. I keep getting error messages saying "Can't play this sogg". With spotify premium, shoudnt I be able to play every single song on spotify with no issues? Right now, out of like 5 playlists I have, I can only play songs on 2 of them. Why???!!

3 Replies

@eneyesanni

Did you get an email receipt for your subscription purchase? In it, it shows your Spotify username:

Username/ID:        xxxxxxx

Logout of the app, and be sure to use it to login to your account. It's the one with the Premium features.

Try to listen to your music in another device, like a computer, to see if it does the same thing, or just in your phone.

If it's in the phone app only. try unistalling and reinstalling:

https://support.spotify.com/article/reinstallation-of-spotify/

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I've tried that before. still not working

@eneyesanni

Looks like you could need a clean install, which means deleting everything Spotify has created in your phone:

1. Uninstall the app from phone by going to 'Settings' -> 'Apps' then scroll to the Spotify app and tap on it. Once loaded press 'Uninstall'.
2. Using a file manager make sure that the below folders are deleted if they still exist:

• /emulated/0/Android/data/com.spotify.music
  • /ext_sd/Android/data/com.spotify.music
  • /sdcard1/Android/data/com.spotify.music
  • /data/media/0/Android/data/com.spotify.music

You will lose all preferences & offline playlists in doing this.

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts