Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playlist Song Suggestions Stuck on One Artist or Unrelated to Playlist

Playlist Song Suggestions Stuck on One Artist or Unrelated to Playlist

Plan

Premium

Country

United States

Device

Samsung Galaxy S10

Operating System

Android 10, Samsung One UI 2.0

My Question or Issue

I created a playlist of songs and I already knew what most of the songs on it were going to be, but I added some songs through the suggested songs at the bottom. I have probably 5 or 6 songs from a One Direction album on it, but I also have 5 or 6 songs from a single album of other artists as well, but for some reason all the suggested songs are from One Direction, from members of the band that are now solo, or other similar bands to them, most of which I have no interest in, but no matter how many times I refresh suggestions ,close and open the app, or add songs from other artists, it won't change off of mostly One Direction suggestions. On a lot of my other playlists the suggested songs have absolutely nothing to do with songs already on the playlists, like completely different genre or time period.

Screenshot_20200530-234550_Spotify.jpg

22497.jpg

1 Reply

Hey there @Mezplus2,

Welcome to the Community - We're here to help!

Thanks for bringing this up and sharing those screenshots.

The suggestions you receive get updated more often the more you interact with your playlists. 

We suggest you block some of those artists that you don't like seeing in your Recommendations. More info - on our Support page here

You can also add your +Vote to this Idea. The more votes it gets - the more likely it is to get implemented in the near future. If you're interested in how ideas work and how your feedback reaches the right teams here, check this page out.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any more questions.

Have an awesome day!  

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts