Device
Samsung Galaxy S10
Operating System
One UI 1.1
Android 9

iPhone 6
iOS 12

My Question or Issue
My playlists are being rearranged by Spotify automatically. This is disorienting as I have a particular system of finding the playlists I use (alphabetical order) as I'm a DJ and need to move quickly to my playlists. The rearranging would make some sense if the most used playlists were actually moving up top, but that doesn't always happen. Sometimes my major DJ folder (by far the most clicked folder by 50X) will appear 30 playlists down in my list. This is maddening. Please implement a control for folder sorting (Auto or Manual).

Thanks for everything. You're amazing .
By the way, I've been receiving this error when trying to post this issue on my mobile. As you can read above, there's no HTML in my post, unless the system is putting it in. 
Your ost has been changed because invalid HTML was found in the message body. The invalid HTML has been removed. Please review the message and submit the message when you are satisfied.
2 Replies

Re: Playlist & Folder Sorting Issue

spear_here

Exactly the issue I came to report. I love Spotify, but the new auto sort playlist feature is infuriating when scrolling through my (many) playlists in my (many) folders. I would love an auto/manual sort setting. Thanks!

Re: Playlist & Folder Sorting Issue

Hey there @SustainedNote and @spear_here,

Thanks for posting and welcome both to the Community!

No worries, you can sort your playlists and folders in alphabetical order. 

You can do that by following the steps below:

1. In Your Library > Playlists, scroll down to reveal the search and filter options:NYL_TWITTER_02_SearchFilter.gif

2. Tap Filters.
  3. In the menu that pops up, select Sort by Name for alphabetical view. Alternatively, you can select to Sort by Custom order.

Custom sort lets you to manually order your playlist to any order you like.

You can change your custom sort order in the Spotify desktop app and it will be mirrored in the mobile app as well. There's more info on sorting and filtering in this Spotify Answer.

On another note, @SustainedNote if you're having troubles posting in the Community from your mobile device, we'd recommend giving it another try from an incognito or private window in your browser.

Hope this helps! If there's anything else we can help with, don't hesitate to give us a shout.

Have a lovely day :)

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
"Kindness is the language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see." - Mark Twain
SUGGESTED POSTS